We hope that you enjoy using our website, safe in the knowledge that we are committed to protecting your privacy and security online.
The National Trusts of Australia are committed to protecting your privacy and understand that our customers are concerned about the privacy, confidentiality and security of their personal information. National Trusts in Australia comply with the Commonwealth’s Privacy Act 1988. This web site records your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes — the user’s server address, the user’s top level domain name (e.g. .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.), the date and time of the visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, and the type of browser used.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the service provider’s logs.
When you visit this website, our server makes an anonymous record of your visit and may obtain the following information for statistical purposes only:
- User’s server address and top level domain name
- Date and time of visit to the site
- Pages viewed and documents downloaded by the user
- Sites previously visited
- Type of browser used
- Country of origin of the user
- Postal address, suburb, postcode
- Contact telephone, fax and mobile phone numbers, email addresses
- Concession or other discount card number
- Credit card details (Donation & Membership forms only)
- Age range
- Interests (related to the National Trust)
- How you heard about an event
How we hold your information on our web server
In most cases your details are passed immediately to our customer service centre without any information being stored on the web server at all. In those few circumstances where it is necessary to store information temporarily, any sensitive details, such as credit card, are securely encrypted and stored away from the publicly-accessible areas of the website.