Start Your Visit at the Warder’s Residence
Home of the former Prison Warder, the Warders Residence is now the starting point of your Pentridge Prison Tour. Collect your ticket, meet your guide, browse the Pentridge-related book selection or head to Warders Upstairs and spend time exploring the exhibition and collection space.
- Find us1 Champ Street
Melbourne VIC 3058
- Meeting PointTours start at the Warders Residence, in the grassed courtyard beyond the Clock Tower.
Here you collect your ticket & meet your guide.
- Opening hoursMonday, Thursday & Friday
10.30am – 4.00pm
last tour at 2:30pm)
Saturday & Sunday
10.00am – 6.00pm
(last tour at 4:30pm)
*Closed on Tuesday & Wednesday
- Night ToursThursday, Friday & Saturday
6.30pm & 8.30pm
The former Warders’ Residence is the introduction to our tours, containing multimedia exhibits and artefacts as a depictive precursor of what visitors will see and hear. Visitors can browse our gift shop of historical books and souvenirs to mark their visit.
Warders Upstairs hosts a regular program of exhibitions and installations by local and international creatives who share a connection to Pentridge Prison.
- By CarVehicles can enter Pentridge via Sydney Road, Murray Road, Champ Street and Pentridge Boulevard. Three hours of free parking is available.
- By TrainCatch the Upfield Line from Melbourne CBD (Flinders Street, Southern Cross, Parliament, Flagstaff or Melbourne Central Stations) and alight at either Coburg Train Station or Batman Train Station – from there Pentridge is a short walk.
- By TramCatch the Route 19 tram from Melbourne CBD (Elizabeth Street). North bound from the city, the Route 19 tram runs along Elizabeth Street, past the Queen Victoria Market, along Royal Parade (and past Melbourne University) and then along Sydney Road to Pentridge.
- By BikeRide along Champ Street and enter Pentridge under the iconic Pentridge Clock Tower. From the south, you can ride into Pentridge via Warden’s Walk or Pentridge Boulevard.
There are numerous places to park your bike at Pentridge. We even have a bicycle repair station.
Venue Hire & Group Bookings
Looking to host a unique event, a team building experience for your business or an exciting day out for your group? Or are you a professional photographer, or wish to have professional photos taken? Pentridge Prison Tours is a fantastic location for your next day out, group activity or a picture perfect backdrop.
Partner Packages & Offers
Unlock exclusive benefits on tours, accommodation and corporate events with our partner packages and offers.
Pentridge is Melbourne North’s newest destination, connecting the past with modern entertainment and convenience. There is something for everyone to experience at Pentridge.
National Trust of Australia (Victoria)
The National Trust is the proud operator of Pentridge Prison Tours. Members receive free access to the tours, as well as more than 1000 sites and properties around the world.
- AccessibilityTours have been equipped with ramps and other access points to ensure access for wheelchair users as much as possible.
Due to the Heritage nature of the buildings, access to the upstairs of H-Division is by stairs only.
- ParkingThree hours of free parking is available in the Pentridge Shopping Centre Complex.
- Food & DrinkAfter your visit enjoy a drink or bite to eat at one of the many bars and cafes available at Pentridge.
Find out more.
- WeatherThere are outdoor elements to both H & B Division tours. Please make sure you bring appropriate clothes for the forecast weather. Tours will run on wet days so an umbrella may be helpful.
- ToiletsLocated within the Pentridge Shopping Complex
- Gift VouchersAre you giving the gift of experience? A National Trust Gift Voucher for a Pentridge Prison Tour is the perfect way to say thank you, happy birthday or congratulations. Purchase here.
- FAQHave a question? Click here or get in touch with our team.